The primary activities of the Tulsa SPCA involve caring for our dogs and cats, providing them with food, medical care, a safe haven, the opportunity to learn basic manners, and lots of tender loving care.
We celebrate success every single time one of our pets is matched to the right people and goes home to begin new life.
Here are highlights of our services and programs:
- Cruelty Program is staffed with a cruelty investigator, leadership staff and a few highly-trained volunteers. They conduct hundreds of cruelty investigations each year in response to phone calls and emails reporting animal abuse and neglect in a multi-county area.
- Rescue Program consists of our clinic staff, volunteers, contracted veterinarian and a certified trainer/consultant. We aid in the rescue of cruelty calls,assess the health of the animals, identify and intake the pet, perform behavioral assessments and determine course of action for the pets.
- Shot-Clinic Program offers low-cost veterinarian services once a week for dogs and cats of all ages. The program provides vaccinations (including rabies), spays/neuters, some minor surgeries and more at affordable costs. Tests for common diseases and disorders are also available.
- Kennel Program is made up of a special group of volunteers who roll up their sleeves and work side by side with our Pet Care Specialists to ensure that all our pets have a clean and healthy environment while waiting to find their forever homes.
- Marketing Program is geared toward helping our awesome pets find their forever homes. A special group of volunteers collaborate with other programs to get information out to the public.
- MAC, ourMobileAdoptionCenter, hits the road loaded with adorable and adoptable pets looking for their forever homes. MAC and dedicated volunteers visit many locations regularly and also participates in festivals, parades and other community celebrations. Click here for the MAC schedule.
- Foster Care Program offers safe, quiet and nurturing care to moms and babies until the newborn puppies and kittens are ready to be adopted.
- Out ‘n About Program allows trained volunteers to take dogs out into the public for errands, fun and occasional overnight trips. This helps dogs continue to improve their social skills and learn how to behave in public settings.
- Adoption Program is comprised of both staff and volunteers who work together to help place pets with families looking for their forever companions.
- Open Paw Program is designed to teach staff and volunteers a special technique to work with dogs and cats. This training method helps desensitize pets to stressors so they can develop social skills and manners. The results are highly-adoptable pets that make wonderful companions in their permanent homes.
- Community Outreach Program performs educational presentations in schools and to special-interest groups and organizations. They share information about pet care, responsibility of guardianship and animal welfare.
- PAL (Pets Are Love) teams volunteers and friendly dogs who regularly visit 25 area nursing homes. The residents of these homes get a chance to share some time with a furry friend. Click here for more info.
- K-9 Social Club is a group of volunteers who ensure that the dogs are both socialized and exercised. This keeps them in good physical and mental health.
- Fix-It Program was designed for volunteers who want to help our maintenance person with daily chores as well as special projects to help beautify our campus and keep it safe for the pets, staff, volunteers and clients.
- FUNdraiser Program is a group of volunteers that come together and think of creative ideas to help raise money for the Tulsa SPCA. This includes our annual Bingo Bash, pull tabs at various events, the Tulsa Dog Walk, Hound Dog Blues Festival and For Paws Sake Golf Tournament.
- Elderly Companionship Program provides the gift of health and happiness to senior citizens in need, while saving the lives of dogs and cats. To learn more about the program click here.