Volunteers – Our Shelter Pets Best Friends!
Tulsa SPCA dogs and cats, puppies and kittens are always happy to see our volunteers with loving hands, playful attitudes, time to visit, take a walk, and socialize. Orientations are on the second and fourth Saturdays each month at 10:00 am.
Volunteers help the pets in countless ways and often become a new shelter pet’s first human best friend. Visit our volunteer Facebook page for updates, events, and pictures.
Volunteer Your Time:
Some of our furry new arrivals have had little experience with people or life beyond a chain, a backyard, with nothing to do and no human company. Others may have lived in a puppy mill, where the animals are sales income and breeding property, receiving little human warmth.
Dogs and cats who spend time with our volunteers learn about trusting human friends, confidence of mastering manners, and the rewards of friends forever.
Volunteers help in many ways. Here are some great opportunities to come and join us:
- Auxiliary is our oldest group of volunteers who support the Tulsa SPCA mission. They provide many opportunities to help keep our organization strong through our MAC program, Marketing Program, Fundraising, and much more. Orientations are on the second and fourth Saturdays each monthat 10:00 am.
- PALs (Pets Are Love) program are supported by teams of volunteers along with friendly dogs who regularly visit 16 area nursing homes.
- Foster Care Program offers temporary homes for special needs situations. This program is supported by staff and volunteers.
- K-9 Social Club is our newest program. This is a wonderful group of volunteers that are dedicated in helping our dogs get their exercise with a good work out. This is a great opportunity for the dogs to learn good social skills, such as walking, jogging, running on a leash, so they show off and look good for their future families. This also is a great program to learn how to teach dogs simple commands to help them become good future furry family members. Love Dogs? Love to Run? Want a Walking Buddy? Well, we have some furry Friends who love to join you!! For more information on Dog Companionship program and tips, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New friendships blossom when people share common interests, exchange ideas and information and become an advocate and a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Attend an orientation meeting of about two hours
- Present a positive image as a representative of the TSPCA
- And, of course, enjoy the animals!
- For more to come soon, but for now call Terry Walker at 918.428.7722 or email her at email@example.com if you are interested on how you can volunteer your time.