Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000 + benefits package including: medical, vision, dental and 401(k)
This is a full time, exempt position with a varied schedule including one Saturday Vaccination Clinic per month.
Manage the health care program for all animals in the care of the Tulsa SPCA. Primary functions include providing the highest quality of veterinary care and client education on a daily basis, performing spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, medical assessments, treatments and procedures to improve and insure the health of Tulsa SPCA animals, as well as, animals belonging to members of the public when accessing our public services.
Primary Tasks and Duties
- Manage veterinary health at the Tulsa SPCA
- Help manage Veterinary Techs, other Clinic Staff and any Veterinary Interns
- Perform spay/neuter surgeries (shelter animals and the public)
- Perform low-cost, public vaccination clinics
- Train and teach staff where appropriate
- Act as medical spokesperson for the Tulsa SPCA with the media
- Perform routine and emergency Veterinary Medical Care (shelter animals and potentially the public at some point)
- Work with staff to ensure that all duties are carried out
Essential Functions / Key Competencies / Qualifications:
- Excellent Veterinary Medical skills and animal behavior assessments
- Able to balance routine surgery, other medical care and emergency medical needs
- Licensed Oklahoma Veterinarian, experienced with companion animals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, good problem solving skills
- Ability to work with people in a variety of high-stress and emotional situations
- A passion for the Mission of the Tulsa SPCA
- Competent in Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use database systems
- Assist the ED in providing strategic planning for the future of medical services at the Tulsa SPCA
- Exhibit strong skills in: leadership, interpersonal communication, staff development, teamwork, conflict resolution, organization, decision making, multi-tasking, flexibility, adaptability, relationship building, and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and report on shelter plans and objectives, operations (policies and procedures), budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Ability to make critical decisions supported by analysis and data-based info in a timely manner.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board, volunteers, donors, partner agencies, national groups, etc.
- Self-starter, punctual, motivated, able to create and implement new initiatives as well as improve current processes
- Physical Environment –
- Work is both indoors and outdoors; can be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, and a variety of conditions including humidity and dust.
- Travel to area events/locations in year-round weather conditions is possible.
- Use of computer, keyboard, telephone, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Will be exposed to animal smells, fumes, chemicals, cleaning supplies, airborne particles, parasites, pests, zoonotic diseases and sharp objects.
- Will work with and be exposed to a variety of animals (some may be sick, injured and/or vicious) and animal waste.
- Animal bites and/or scratches are possible.
- Must be able to lift (to waist height) and carry 50 lbs.
- Repetitive movements such as bending, kneeling, stooping, crawling, standing, and other similar activities are required.
- Ability to hear, talk, use hand dexterity required. Additionally, specific visual abilities, including close vision and ability to adjust focus is required.
- Noise level is moderate to high.
- Education/Professional Experience –
- DVM degree required with active and current Oklahoma license
- Valid and current DEA license
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume directly to: Angelica Delligatti, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Richard Barry, email@example.com. You can also fax to: 918-428-2525, or mail to the Attention of: Angelica Delligatti, Director of Clinic Services, 2910 Mohawk Blvd., Tulsa, OK. 74110. No phone calls accepted. This position is open until filled.