NO-SEW CAT BEDS
TIME NEEDED: Less than 30 minutes
Giving a cat a comfy bed when it is put in the shelter helps lessen their stress when they get taken home. Since the bed will carry the cat’s scent, when they get adopted, they will have something familiar to go home with. This is a fun service project for small groups to do.
Cat beds can be dropped off at Tulsa SPCA at: 2910 Mohawk Blvd. Tulsa, OK 74110.
- Fleece blankets or fleece from a fabric bolt
- 1 standard pillow
- Yardstick or ruler
- Cut the standard sized pillow in half.
- Lay out fleece and fold in half. Place pillow half on top.
- Cut the piece of fabric approximately 3 inches away from the pillow on each side. (You might have to adjust where you put your pillow)
- Cut 3” strips along the sides of the pieces of fleece. Make the strips about 1” apart.
- Separate two pieces of fleece. Tie knots on three sides of the pieces of fleece.
- Insert pillow half inside the two pieces of fleece. Close the bed by tying of the remaining side.
- Repeat steps again for second pillow half.
NOTE: You can place pillow in between the two pieces of fleece before tying anything. Then, you can tie all four sides at once. Tying all four sides at once is a little bit harder.