How to Volunteer
Want to do good in your community and get a regular furry-friend fix? Become a volunteer at the Tulsa SPCA! We rely on people like you to help us with our day-to-day operations, adoptions processing, dog and cat socialization, mobile adoption events, and more!
When you volunteer at the Tulsa SPCA, you’re joining a family of volunteers and staff committed to providing love and support for the homeless cats and dogs in our care. As a volunteer, you’ll be helping homeless animals receive the loving care and second chances for happiness they deserve. Below are the different volunteer opportunities we offer.
To volunteer, please:
- Make sure you meet our volunteer requirements
- Submit a volunteer application online (see below)
- Attend an orientation session available every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday between 12:00 and 5:00 at our main location on Mohawk Blvd.
- Complete all final paperwork following orientation
- Sign up for shifts online and help us achieve our mission!
- Ages 18 and over: no restrictions
- Ages 16-17: may volunteer independently with signed parent release only
- Ages 9-15: may volunteer with parent supervision only
All volunteers must complete orientation before volunteering. Orientations are held every Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at our main location on Mohawk Blvd. Orientation and training last approximately 45 minutes. All volunteers are required to have their own health insurance; please bring your health insurance card and a valid government-issued ID with you to orientation. To register for a Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday orientation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-428-7722, ext. 31.