Third-Party Event Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in raising funds to support the animals and programs of the Tulsa SPCA. We value your interest in coordinating an event which benefits our organization. For your reference, please consult the guidelines below for help in planning your event.
What is a Third-Party Event?
A Third-Party event is any fundraising activity by a non-affiliated group, organization or individual (Sponsor) which benefits the Tulsa SPCA and where Tulsa SPCA has no financial responsibility and minimal or no staff involvement is required.
We strive to support Third-Party fundraising events to the greatest extent possible with the resources we have; however, we kindly ask that all such events follow Tulsa SPCA guidelines and be approved in advance. Third-Party Event Proposals should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled event, although at least thirty days is preferred. Each proposal will be carefully reviewed for feasibility and suitability with our organization’s mission, goals and objectives. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of the Tulsa SPCA and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
The following guidelines have been developed to protect the both the Tulsa SPCA and the Sponsor—the individuals, organizations and corporations hosting the event.
- Third-Party events must be aligned with the Tulsa SPCA mission: to improve the lives of dogs and cats and engage the community to foster mutual well-being.
- Sponsor is responsible for ALL event coordination, marketing/promotion and sales.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the Tulsa SPCA.
- Any use of the Tulsa SPCA logo or inclusion of the Tulsa SPCA name must be approved by the Tulsa SPCA at least two weeks in advance of the event. Any contact with press or other media must be coordinated with Tulsa SPCA.
- The Tulsa SPCA cannot finance any expenses related to a Third-Party Event or assume responsibility for any debts incurred.
- Sponsor agrees to coordinate with and request permission from the Tulsa SPCA before soliciting any individuals, organizations or businesses in order to avoid duplicated efforts.
- Sponsor must state the terms of the donation that Tulsa SPCA can expect from the event and must tender the donation within thirty (30) days of the event.
- A donation solicited on the Tulsa SPCA’s behalf, whether the donation is an item or cash, is tax deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to the Tulsa SPCA.
- Donors to Third-Party events who wish to be receipted must make checks payable to the Tulsa SPCA and provide an address. Cash donations must be received with a list of donors, addresses and specific amounts; otherwise, cash will be collected as an anonymous gift. Cash should not be deposited into a personal account in order to write the Tulsa SPCA a check for the amount. If the event is a benefit event (i.e. benefit concert), the donor will only be receipted for the donation amount minus the fair market value of the benefit.
- When a portion of the ticket price or suggested donation from a participant of the Sponsor’s event is not tax-deductible, the Sponsor must clearly state this on all materials.
- Due to limited resources, the Tulsa SPCA cannot guarantee that Tulsa SPCA staff or volunteers will attend the event.
- The Tulsa SPCA typically does not solicit participation from our supporters for Third-Party events and will not approve Third-Party use of Tulsa SPCA mailing lists. The Tulsa SPCA reserves the right to decline participation or cancel participation in an event for any reason. Generally, the following events will NOT be approved:
- Events that do not adhere to the Tulsa SPCA Third-party Event Guidelines
- Events that require significant attendance from Tulsa SPCA staff or volunteers
- Events scheduled in close proximity to a Tulsa SPCA fundraising event (i.e. Paws & Pictures, Trivia Night)
- Events that are controversial in nature or do not represent a positive image for the Tulsa SPCA
After you have reviewed the above guidelines, please complete the Third Party Event Proposal Form and submit it at least two weeks prior to your proposed event. Once the proposal has been received, the Tulsa SPCA staff will notify you of any questions/concerns. The proposal will then be reviewed by a Tulsa SPCA Staff Committee and you will receive written confirmation regarding their decision.
Thank you again for your support of the Tulsa SPCA! Please return the completed Third-party Event Proposal Form to:
Attn: Troy Martin
2910 Mohawk Boulevard
Tulsa, OK 74110