Title: Volunteer Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Status: Non-Exempt Employee
Hours: 40 hours/week, flexible to meet the shelter needs; weekend hours will be required.
The Volunteer Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Volunteer program and Mobile Adoption Center (MAC) events of Tulsa SPCA. This position includes but is not limited to managing all individual volunteer, group volunteer and community service recruitment, development, retention, scheduling and records. The person in this position is expected to enhance community engagement through the planning, volunteer staffing and execution of onsite and offsite (MAC) events. The Volunteer Manager will be expected to work closely with all departments within the organization to ensure program satisfaction while meeting the mission and vision of Tulsa SPCA.
- Serves as Tulsa SPCA’s primary liaison for volunteers including general questions, concerns and scheduling
- Ensures adequate volunteer staffing at all offsite and onsite programming
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment, development, and retention
- Effectively utilizes and maintains volunteer management software (Volgistics) in order to reach organization objectives
- Establishes an environment that encourages volunteer satisfaction, timely feedback, self-motivation and positivity
- Supervises daily activities of volunteers and provides timely, informal feedback on performance for all volunteers
- Responsible for preparation, coordination and execution of onsite and offsite programming in a timely fashion in conjunction with Director of Community Engagement
- Executes weekly/monthly Mobile Adoption Center (MAC) outings on a continuous basis
- Collaborates with Pet Care Team Lead to determine which animals will best represent Tulsa SPCA at all onsite and offsite programming, including Mobile Adoption Center (MAC) events.
- Maintains Mobile Adoption Center (MAC) logbook, showing locations, maintenance, mileage, and general operations
- Responsible for training volunteers on using and personally applying Tulsa SPCA’s safety procedures and guidelines including yearly retraining’s for all volunteers
- Submits weekly and monthly reports to Director of Community Engagement detailing progress on upcoming events, program statistics, and organizational duties
- Contributes to the overall success of the Tulsa SPCA by collaborating with the Director of Community Engagement to identify opportunities that improve program effectiveness.
- Performs related work as required
- High School diploma or State Equivalency certification required. Bachelor degree preferred
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal and customer service skills; along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Management experience preferred
- Exhibits excellent organizational and sound decision-making skills with attention to detail
- Experience and knowledgeable with Windows based PC’s, including general office software required. Capable of learning new database systems. Use of copy and fax machine.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Availability to work varied shifts and extended hours as required.
- Flexible and adaptable to fast paced environments and stressful situations.
- Multi-task and self-starter, ability to learn quickly.
- Respect for animals and ability to exercise proper control
- Must remain professional, calm, polite, friendly and empathic at all times; even during stressful situations.
- Office setting when not working offsite/onsite events or assisting with special projects
- Exposure to odors, wet, humid, and dusty conditions, airborne particles, fur, hair, animal waste, and various cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- May be exposed to sick, injured and vicious animals.
- Ability to bend, walk, reach, push, pull, sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to hear, talk, and use hand dexterity, specific vision abilities required to include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
All interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Melissa Hudson, email@example.com